I have been using Microsofts Visusal Studio Code everyday for the past few months. I have installed it multiple times on Linux and Windows. There are five plugins I always install immediately. I thought I would share them here.
- Remote-WSL - extension lets you use the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) as your full-time development environment right from VS Code. If you haven't set up the subsystem, here are some instructions.
- Front-end extension pack - This is actually a cluster of stuff in one bundle makes life much easier than searching each one out.
- Preview Live Server
- Browser Preview
- IntelliSense for CSS class names in HTML
- HTML CSS Support
- Auto Rename Tag
- Auto Close Tag
- npm Intellisense
- Path Intellisense
- Turbo Console Log
- EditorConfig for VS Code
- Import Cost
- Code Spell Checker
- Debugger for Chrome
- TypeScript Extension Package
- Bracket Pair Colorizer
- Git History (git log)
- Live Share Extension Pack* - This extension pack includes everything you need to start collaboratively editing and debugging in real time.
- Live Share
- Live Share Audio
- Live Share Chat
- Gitlens - Supercharges the Git capabilities built into Visual Studio Code.
- CSS Flexbox Cheatsheet - VS Code extension that lets you open a flexbox cheatsheet directly in the editor.
I haven't found a need to install anything else besides these and maybe I have tried a few themes.
Also note, you have to install them twice if your using WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux).